The power, flexibility, and reliability of FreeBSD attract a wide variety of users and vendors. Here you will find vendors offering commercial products and/or services for FreeBSD.
For your convenience, we have divided our growing commercial listing into several sections. If your company supports a FreeBSD related product, service, consulting, or support that should be added to this page, please fill out a problem report in category Documentation→Website. Submissions should contain a medium-sized paragraph in length, describing your company. Please note that the inclusion of vendors in our list does not signify our endorsement of their products or services by the FreeBSD Project.
- Aestiva HTML/OS
- Aestiva HTML/OS is a complete solution for advanced, dynamic web site and web software development. It eliminates the need for CGI programming and integration tools, includes a built-in database engine and tools for packaging and copy-protecting commercial web products, and supports over a dozen platforms. Visit www.htmlos.com for more information.
- Ahsay Online Backup Software
- Ahsay Online Backup Software is a commercial solution for ISPs and online backup service providers. Besides its robust backup features and multi-platform support, AhsayOBS is the only fully brandable solution on the market. AhsayOBS is user-friendly, yet feature-rich. Not only does it support common features like incremental file backup and scheduled backup, it also supports brick-level Exchange backup (including Outlook mails, calendar, etc). AhsayOBS is specially designed to backup databases such as MS SQL Server, MySQL Server, Oracle, MS Exchange Server, Lotus Domino Server and more. AhsayOBS offers high level of security. Data from multiple AhsayOBS can be further replicated to Ahsay Replication Server as an additional level of protection. Besides, data can be restored to a particular snapshot across different platforms. Moreover, extensive APIs and comprehensive reports facilitate account management. Being the global leader with over 150,000 installations, AhsayOBS is multilingual in 18 languages, and the number is growing. For more information and a free download, visit us at www.ahsay.com.
- Aker Firewall
- Aker Firewall is a firewall solution which runs on FreeBSD. The firewall provides a stateful filtering engine, Network Address Translation (NAT), cryptography (with manual key exchange and SKIP), automatic responses to pre-configured events, and remote administration by a easy-to-use graphical interface which runs on many different platforms. For more information, please visit our web site or send a e-mail to email@example.com.
- AM'SOFT (Andrew Maltsev's Software) features EasySQL, an ODBC-like, database-independent C/C++ library. Full source code is available.
- Anthemion Software Ltd.
- Anthemion Software Ltd. is a small independent software company
based in Edinburgh, Scotland, specialising in tools to help writers
and users of the wxWidgets application development framework. We
provide you with the following products:
DialogBlocks is a sizer-based GUI resource editor that allows you to quickly create professional-looking dialogs, wizards and frames for deployment on Windows, Linux, Mac or any other supported wxWidgets platform.
Jutoh makes it easy to create ebooks in popular formats that you can sell on many ebook sites. Create your project in seconds from existing files using the New Project Wizard; or create your book from scratch using the built-in styled text editor. Select a book cover design from Jutoh's template, or create your own cover design with the built-in cover editor. Jutoh lets you start creating your ebooks quickly, but has plenty of features and configuration for more advanced use, including support for contents, index and endnotes pages.
- AstroArch Consulting
- AstroArch Consulting, Inc. develops and licenses its ISP Billing and Tracking System (BATS) for FreeBSD as well as thirteen other Operating Systems. For more information, check out www.astroarch.com/, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +1.512.990.9711.
- Ballista is a network security auditing tool for evaluation of security postures in areas where high assurance levels are critical. Ballista is primarily designed to audit the remote security aspects of networks and runs quite well under FreeBSD.
- Brown Bear Software
- Brown Bear Software produces and supports Calcium, an interactive Web Calendar server you use via your browser. Features include: dynamic calendar merging multiple views and formats; repeating events, email notification and reminders, iCalendar support, Palm Pilot synchronization, color and font customization, support for full HTML in event text and calendar headers and footers, popup text associated with any event, searching & filtering, multi-language support, flexible security model, and more. Calcium is very easy to use and fully supported. It runs anywhere that supports Perl CGIs; no non-standard Perl modules are necessary. A live On-Line Demo is available; you can download an evaluation copy (fully functional, but limited to a single calendar), or try your own private demo on our servers.
- BS Project
- BS Project is an outsourcing project. The goal of the project is development real-time billing system for VoIP carriers. Our flagship product VoIP BS is designed for medium and small sized VoIP carriers. VoIP BS is available for FreeBSD and Linux. For further information, please see www.bsproject.net.
- ChartDirector is suitable for various application types(desktop, web, console, batch, realtime...) and supports many programming languages and operating systems. This means your investment in ChartDirector will be useful for your current as well as future projects.
- ClickTime is an easy-to-use web timesheet for billing, cost accounting, and payroll. User-friendly and superfast, employees can easily enter time on any computer (Mac or PC) with an Internet connection. And if they forget, ClickTime will remind them. Now, employees don't have to wait to get back to the office to submit their expenses; with ClickTime they can be approved from anywhere without paperwork hassles. Managers are also saved those hassles with powerful reports, simple timesheet approval, 24-hour customer support, and data-export to Excel, QuickBooks, PDF, and other popular software. Cost effective and time saving, ClickTime requires no contract, no installation, and minimal training. Try our 30-day free trial and see for yourself that ClickTime is the simplest way to track employee time.
- Connect Daily Web Calendar
- Connect Daily is a Java based web calendar. It provides advanced capabilities for scheduling resources including Gantt Chart views and approvals. Users can subscribe to notifications and reminders to receive Email messages about events as they are added. Event export to iCal is supported, as well as a synchronization program to export events to Palm and MS Outlook. Users can be authenticated against LDAP directories or MS Active Directory.
- Cool Horizon
- Cool Horizon provides a billing package for ISPs, called Internet Billing. This package was designed to handle all billing needs for Internet Service Providers. It runs under MS-Windows. One piece of the software is a client/server set, with a daemon that runs on a UNIX server (including FreeBSD), allowing the client to do all of their user management under a Windows front end.
- CoSORT is the leading high-performance data sorting and manipulation package for high volumes processed on UNIX servers. CoSORT first shipped on UNIX in 1985 and can sort in parallel at rates exceeding 2GB per minute. CoSORT is most commonly used for: mainframe and COBOL sort and data migrations; speeding very large database (VLDB) reorg and loads; integrating and staging massive data warehouse (and data webhouse) extracts in ETL and ODS environments; directly replacing more than a dozen third-party sort engines with plug 'n' play interfaces; and, for writing custom reports in simple-to-complex, multi-format/multi-target environments. CoSORT can collate and convert between more than 100 data types. Most importantly, CoSORT allows you to combine sorting with its selection, joins, aggregation, type-conversion, cross-calculation, remapping, and formatting functions all in a single-pass through your data. Visit www.cosort.com, or call 1-800-333-SORT for more information and your FREE 30-day trial.
- Cybernet Systems
- Cybernet Systems produces the NetMAX line of Thin Servers and Professional Products for FreeBSD. The Thin Server Series consists of the FireWall (with Router), WebServer (with email and FTP), and FileServer (with print sharing). The NetMAX Professional contains these three, as well as the Discussion Group/NewsServer, dial in capabilities, enhanced system management and reporting functions, expanded support, and more. Easily install the included OS through a GUI and set up and manage your server through a web browser. Save time on mundane tasks. Access to the command line is available for "traditional" Unix use.
- Dartware, LLC
- Dartware's flagship product, InterMapper, shows active maps
that give a visual, real-time view of traffic flows through and
between critical network devices and links. The status windows
permit you to be proactive as well as reactive by displaying the
percentage of capacity being used by any link or device.
InterMapper uses pings, SNMP, Web, SMTP, and dozens of built-in
server probes to keep tabs on the critical parts of your network,
and let you know when you have problems-even before your customers
call. When InterMapper detects a problem, it sends a notification
to one or more responsible individuals. These sounds, emails, pages
and text messages can be delayed or repeated to establish
escalation schedules. InterMapper's auto-discovery and
map-arrangement tools let you install and get it running in an hour
A non-expiring, full-functional license that lets you monitor up to five devices can be obtained for free. For more information, visit www.intermapper.com.
- DBMaker provides you with a professional database system with multimedia capabilities, a native ODBC interface, large database features, and cross-platform support. The unique open architecture and native ODBC interface give you the freedom to build custom applications using a wide variety of programming tools such as Visual Basic or Delphi, or query your database using existing ODBC-compliant applications. DBMaker provides excellent multimedia-handling capabilities, allowing you to store, search, retrieve, and manipulate all types of multimedia data. Binary Large Objects (BLOBs) allow you to ensure the integrity of your multimedia data by taking full advantage of the advanced security and crash-recovery mechanisms included in DBMaker; File Objects (FOs) allow you to manage your multimedia data, while maintaining the capability to edit individual files in the source application. Download a free copy now! - This free copy of DBMaker includes a three-user license with no time or storage limitations. Additional information is available at www.dbmaker.com.
- db.* is a free, small-footprint (less than 150K) open-source database management system (DBMS) designed to provide powerful, flexible, high-performance capabilities for developing applications using an embedded database. By combining the network and relational model technologies in a single system, db.* lets you organize and access information efficiently, regardless of the complexity of the data. It is well-documented and absolutely free to use, modify and distribute on Open Source operating systems. db.* is very reliable and stable, and as all embedded databases, requires no DBA.
- Devart Delphi Data Access Components are feature-rich and high-performance libraries of components that provide native connectivity to Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Interbase, Firebird from Delphi, C++Builder, Lazarus (and Free Pascal) under Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Linux, and FreeBSD for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms. These Data Access Components aim to assist programmers in developing of fast and native desktop and mobile applications. It provides both possibility of connection to Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgeSQL, SQLite, Firebird and Interbase by means of native data access and directly via TCP/IP without involving Database Client.
- Easysoft Ltd
- Easysoft Ltd Easysoft's ODBC-ODBC Bridge 2000 (OOB) provides full access to any local ODBC data source from any remote client, such as Unix, Linux, OpenVMS, Windows, or other systems. For more information, or to download the software, please visit www.easysoft.com. Easysoft's JDBC-ODBC Bridge 2000 (JOB) provides Type 3 JDBC access from Java Applets or Applications on the FreeBSD platform to ODBC (Open Database Connectivity) data sources anywhere on the network where the server component of the bridge is installed. More information can be found on our web site
- EasyStat is a "counter"-like application. It will keep track of the number of visitors to your site, as well as gather information about your visitors such as their browser, operating system, referrer, etc. EasyStat will then display all it gathers in an elegant fashion, a demo of which is available on its site.
- Efficient IP
- Efficient IP is US based Solutions Provider - software editor focused on the development of professional tools to manage IP networks, wide architecture of DHCP and DNS servers. Our objective is to provide you with a complete, simple and dynamic solution, which will allow you to carry out all administration of these services, whilst adapting to the technical, human or administrative constraints of your IT installation.
- Eiffel Software
- Eiffel Studio is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) designed for the Eiffel object-oriented application development language. Beside the Enterprise Edition, a Free Edition for non-commercial use only is freely available for download.
- Elastic Path Software
- Elastic Path Software is the pioneer of flexible, developer friendly, Java ecommerce software architecture for building sophisticated and evolving online stores. In a world full of complex software, our lightweight ecommerce framework is refreshingly simple, provides unlimited flexibility and minimizes total cost of ownership. Companies such as Xerox, Sunoco, Procter & Gamble, 24 Hour Fitness, JBoss and Random House use Elastic Path for the core ecommerce features they demand today and the maximum flexibility they need for tomorrow.
- Elego ComPact Configuration Management. Elego ComPact
is a set of tools for configuration management, based on a very
reliable and scalable solution for version control, integrated with
a multi-platform language-independent build system, and the concept
of software packages. It offers scriptable command-line-oriented
programs, as well as an HTTP/HTML based GUI, and can be easily
introduced in a stepwise fashion.
Some of its features are: client/server design, baseline and release branch support, checkin/checkout model, package-oriented change sets, integrated build system, support for development for/on heterogeneous platforms, scalable from one to hundreds of developers, default configurations for C, C++, Java, Modula-3, easily portable to most PC and workstation platforms.
Elego ComPact currently uses CVS as its underlying version control machine, though future versions may support other systems, too. Binaries are available for FreeBSD, Linux, Windows, and Solaris/SPARC systems. John Polstra's CVSup may be used for repository mirroring/replication. Like CVSup, Elego ComPact is completely written in Modula-3.
Fully functional demo CDs, including binaries for all supported platforms, and documentation in HTML, DVI, PDF, and PS format can be obtained by sending e-mail to email@example.com. More information is also available from the Elego WWW Homepage.
- Empress Software Inc.
- Empress Software Inc. has developed Embedded Empress Developer's Toolkit. To learn more about the toolkit, please visit www.empress.com
- EtherPage provides a client/server based alphanumeric paging solution for Unix networks and Windows NT. Both command line and web interfaces are provided. Ideally suited for system and database administration, EtherPage allows messages to be sent automatically to support personnel based on database events, etc. Other features include links to email, integration with user-written scripts, multiple recipients, pagers selected by time of day/day of week, duplicate message suppression, long message splitting/truncation, job logging, and C API. Virtually all paging services are supported.
- FairCom Corporation
- FairCom Corporation has provided quality database development tools for the professional programmer since 1979. FairCom is best known for its extremely portable, high-performance data management product, c-tree Plus. The product is released in full source code and supports peer-to-peer development and client-side development for use with the c-tree database server. The FreeBSD version offers advanced cross-platform functionality, including industrial quality transaction processing, file mirroring, huge file support and disaster recovery. The FairCom ODBC Driver and Crystal Report(tm) interfaces allow end-users to access c-tree Plus applications with higher level products such as Microsoft Access and Crystal Reports. The FairCom toolset is completed with r-tree, a powerful report generator and the powerful FairCom server, with heterogeneous network support, which allows dissimilar clients to attach to one platform and easily migrate to over 20 supported platforms, from FreeBSD to Windows to Mac. For more information, please visit www.faircom.com.
- Ground Labs
- Ground Labs is a global leader in the development of cardholder data discovery software for the payment card industry. Its flagship products, Card Recon and Enterprise Recon, identify data storage risks on thousands of computer systems worldwide, helping companies prevent security breaches that result in the theft of customers' credit and debit card numbers. For more information and free trials of our products, visit www.groundlabs.com.
- Icon Laboratories
- Icon Laboratories offers Envoy for FreeBSD. Envoy is a ported version of ISI's popular Envoy SNMP libraries. Each port includes SNMP libraries and header files for C development, a MIB compiler and source code for a sample agent, designed specifically for FreeBSD. For more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IEA Software, Inc.
Emerald offers automated billing, reporting, account management, integrated AAA/RADIUS, CRM, customer self sign-up and management, usage billing, network accounting, automatic scheduling, provisioning and powerful security features enabling Virtual ISP and roaming scenarios. For more information information on Emerald please see the Emerald product page. A free evaluation license including full product support is available form the IEA download center. For an on-line look at the product, a web-based demonstration is available here. Emerald runs natively on FreeBSD 5.0 or later.
- InterBase is The Perfect Embedded Database. Behind every great client/server application, you will find a great database and very possibly an embedded database. The hallmark of a great embedded database is its ability to empower applications and deliver information while remaining virtually invisible to the end user and requiring little or no attention from the database administrator. That database is InterBase. InterBase's Japanese partner, RIOS Corporation, is now offering a port of InterBase 4 for FreeBSD. Additional information is available at www.interbase.com or directly from RIOS at http://iblinux.rios.co.jp/intl /
- Interchange is a web application server, electronic catalog and database display system.
- i-Pass Alliance is the leading provider of global Internet-roaming solutions for Internet service providers. We provide a total solution that enables ISPs to join a global network and provide convenient, low-cost worldwide access to their traveling Internet subscribers. We are an independent organization, handling the financial settlement between you and other Internet service providers and enabling you to bill their subscribers for this service. There is no cost to join and no cost for the i-Pass software. The i-Pass cross-authorization and settlement software is compatible with all common authentication protocols and servers, including FreeBSD. For more information, please visit www.ipass.com.
- Irie Tools
- Irie Tools develops Irie Pascal, a multi-platform compiler and interpreter that creates console programs and web server programs using the Common Gateway Interface. Features include strong support for Standard Pascal (ideal for learning Pascal), MySQL database programming, and creating programs to process large datasets (no 64K limit on code or data). Irie Pascal supports five different operating systems (FreeBSD, Windows, Linux, Solaris/x86, and Solaris/Sparc). There is a separate edition of Irie Pascal for each supported operating system, and programs created with the compiler in any edition can be executed (without being recompiled) by the interpreters in all editions. A free evaluation copy is available at the Irie Tools website.
- journyx WebTime
- journyx WebTime is a web-based time and attendance tracking product for engineering departments and technical consultancies or contracting firms with people on the go. It was developed on FreeBSD. Since it is web-based, it allows for worldwide collection of data.
- Kaspersky Lab
- Kaspersky Lab offers KasperskyT Anti-Virus (AVP) - a unique anti-virus solution for FreeBSD. The product provides comprehensive protection for your file and application servers and gateways running FreeBSD. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for FreeBSD includes the most complete set of anti-virus tools that will help you to build a multi-level defense system against attacks of malicious code of any type, including computer viruses, Internet worms and Trojan horses. The package includes an anti-virus scanner for on-demand check for viruses on data storage devices (local and network); an anti-virus daemon that filters data from viruses in real-time mode. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for FreeBSD offers an interactive configuration program and a utility for automatic anti-virus database updates download. The product also includes a ready-made solution to integrate the product into popular Sendmail and Qmail gateways. This is a perfect solution to create your own centralized filtering system for e-mail traffic and cleanse it of viruses. The client part of Kaspersky Anti-Virus for FreeBSD/BSDi is supplied in open source code. This enables you to easily integrate the product into your own applications to perform specific tasks, e.g., into other e-mail or application servers. Kaspersky Lab also develops anti-virus solutions for DOS, Windows 95/98, Windows 2000/NT Workstation/Server, Novell NetWare, Linux, OS/2, BSDi, MS Exchange Server, Lotus Notes, and MS Office 2000.
- Kernun Firewall
- Kernun firewall is a commercial software package consisting of
a set of application proxies, configuration tools and other
utilities, delivered with their source code. It relies on FreeBSD
operating system and a piece of hardware (currently, i386 PC and
amd64 Hammer architectures are supported). Kernun firewall is
extremely effective in controlling data communication on all
Kernun firewall is designed to mediate legitimate communication between hosts on different networks, if it is allowed by firewall policy, while stopping both illegitimate communication and network attacks launched on one network and aiming at a different network protected by Kernun. It can also be used to cease misuse of network resources, detect and block viruses, spyware, spam and other unwanted content.
- Lone Star Software Corp
- For over 15 years, LONE-TAR has been the de facto standard backup solution for the UNIX Systems Administrator. LONE-TAR is a fully menu-driven data-archiving and -recovery utility. It employs high compression, allowing it to double the capacity of your archive device, as well as Bit-level Verification of archived data against the hard disk.
- Lugaru Software Ltd.
- Lugaru's Epsilon Programmer's Editor features EMACS-style & Brief-style key bindings, C/C++/Java, Perl, HTML, and TeX modes, concurrent compiler control with typescript journaling, syntax highlighting, asynchronous Internet support, smart indenting & tags, and multi-file, multi-directory search & replace. Plus full undo/redo, directory-spanning file patterns, command/filename completion, convenient keyboard macros, interactive customizability, and much more. Executables for FreeBSD, Linux, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/3.1, OS/2, and DOS are included. Visit www.lugaru.com for details and a free evaluation copy.
- MainStreet Softworks develops and markets critical financial transaction software to the retail, mail/phone order, and eCommerce industries. Their primary software offering, the MainStreet Credit Verification Engine, provides direct credit card authorization/settlement services on many POSIX-compliant Host Operating Systems such as FreeBSD. MCVE provides all the required functionality to authorize and settle Major Credit Cards and is certified with Established Clearing Houses (processors) to ensure the lowest possible merchant rates. To find out more, visit our web site or contact us at email@example.com om.
- Muonics' MIB Smithy is a software product for Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) developers, Management Information Base (MIB) designers and internet-draft authors providing a Visual GUI-based environment for designing, editing and compiling MIB modules according to the SMIv1 and SMIv2 (Structure of Management Information) standards. MIB Smithy is supported on several platforms, including FreeBSD. More information and a 15-day limited evaluation version can be obtained from www.muonics.com.
- NAG, Ltd.
- NAG, Ltd. produces a Fortran-90 Compiler for most flavors of Unix (including FreeBSD), VMS, and the PC. The NAGWare f90 Compiler is a full implementation of Fortran 90 (which, by definition, includes Fortran 77) plus a single-processor implementation of HPF. For further information, in North America, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and elsewhere, email email@example.com. Or, visit www.nag.co.uk/.
- NameSurfer, Ltd.
- NameSurfer, Ltd. NameSurfer is a distributed administration tool for DNS data, with a WWW-based graphical user interface for remote Internet and Intranet DNS administration. A fully functional evaluation version is available for FreeBSD. For more information, please visit www.namesurfer.com.
- NetBeans, Inc.
- NetBeans, Inc. make Java IDEs, written in Java, that run on FreeBSD. A complete set of Open APIs is available for extending the environment.
- Netsville, Inc.
- Netsville, Inc. sells an Internet merchandising system called Hazel which allows webmasters, web consultants, or regular shopkeeps to create a web storefront on the Internet. Hazel interfaces with web servers, using SSL for security and various transaction processors for credit card authorization. The developers actually wrote Hazel using FreeBSD as their operating system. If you need a flexible shopping cart solution for the Internet, Hazel is your best bet.
- Nettix Peru
- Nettix Peru provides value added solutions based on opensource software for today's Peruvian and Latin-American small and mid-range companies. Our main skills are in Linux, Unix, Networking, and Security related subjects.
- Openmake is a GUI- and shell-based build manager that goes beyond beloved GNU make. Used at some of the world's largest companies for simple apps and complex multi-language/multi-OS applications, Openmake allows complete standardization and automation of the build process. Coupled with any version control tool (e.g. RCS), Openmake absolutely ensures matching source and executables. Submit your client build to Windows and your server build to FreeBSD at the same time (or AIX, HP, Sun, Sequent, OS/2). For more information, visit www.openmake.com.
- Oracle distributes Berkeley DB, an embeddable database system with full source. Oracle Berkeley DB is tested and certified to compile and run on all modern operating systems including Solaris, Windows, Linux, Android, Mac OS/X, BSD, iPhone OS, VxWorks, and QNX to name a few. It offers high-end data management services, including full transaction support, disaster recovery, hot backup, very large databases, and the ability to handle large numbers of users concurrently. Keys and records can be arbitrarily long, and of arbitrary data types. Berkeley DB can store data in B+trees, hash tables, or sequential stores. The programmatic interfaces are simple, and can be called from C, C++, Java, or Perl. Berkeley DB is easy to install and manage, so your customers can use your application without learning how to be database administrators. For more information visit the Berkeley DB website.
- Pacific Timesheet
- Pacific Timesheet is a web-based timesheet software that provides payroll, project, job costing, time and attendance features in one system. Other modules include automated approvals, billing and pay rates, time-off scheduling, custom reporting, iPhone timesheet, IVR integration, time clock integration and payroll integration. We support all major operating systems and browsers. Our software is available as a licensed or as a ASP/online version.
- Parabase Technology Inc.
- Parabase Technology Inc. offers the Parabase Web-Order-System, an integrated set of web-based business applications that incorporate web-based order entry, catalog generation, shopping cart, and administration. It automatically calculates shipping and handling charges and sales tax [depending on location] and has a full invoice preview and email order confirmation. The system currently interfaces to QuickBooks and Excel; other accounting packages are available on request. The system is based on a highly reliable journalizing database concept. Additional information is available at www.parabase.com.
- Perforce Software
- Perforce Software produces PERFORCE -- the FAST Software Configuration Management System. Perforce SCM streamlines the software development process for organizations working with multiple operating systems and in multiple physical locations. This high-powered SCM system runs on more than 50 operating systems including Windows, and nearly every UNIX variation, from Linux to Mac OS X to AS/400, providing software developers with an easy-to-use tool for version control, workspace management and atomic change transactions. Free, fully functional evaluation versions are available from the Perforce Web site. Organizations developing software that is licensed or otherwise distributed exclusively under an Open Source license may be eligible to obtain Perforce licenses gratis. Perforce Software can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-510-864-7400.
- The pfSense project is a free network firewall distribution based on the FreeBSD operating system with a custom kernel and including third party free software packages for additional functionality. pfSense software, with the help of the package system, is able to provide the same or more functionality as more common commercial firewalls, without any of the artificial limitations.
- PixInsight is an advanced, modular image processing software platform designed specifically for the demanding requirements of astrophotography and other technical imaging fields. PixInsight is available natively on , Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems (both in 32-bit and 64-bit versions). For more information please visit our website.
- Polyhedra is a main-memory, object-relational database that is
ideally suited for mission-critical applications requiring
event-driven, real-time responses to data changes, complex database
designs, distributed applications, and fault tolerance for high
availability and continuous operation.
The Object-relational database can contain objects that handle IP-based protocols, with object methods running in the database process itself and accessible to other objects/information stored in the database. our web site provides an example of Polyhedra, acting as both the web server and the information store, including free downloads available for trying Polyhedra on FreeBSD in Linux mode.
- QUADStor Systems
- QUADStor Systems provides storage virtualization and data deduplication products for FreeBSD and Linux. Benefits of QUADStor storage virtualization include data deduplication, data compression, easy management etc. The best thing is that QUADStor products are free for non-commercial use. For more information please visit our website.
- REBOL is a new, network-based messaging language that increases productivity, cuts application size, and reduces application time-to-market. The language is human-centric, instead of computer-centric, and offers a new alternative to anachronistic programming languages like Java and C++ and scripting languages like PERL and Tcl. REBOL is compact, platform independent, and functions over a network or on a single system. It is ideally suited for webmasters, technicians, hobbyists, educators, experimenters, and any one who requires a simple, customizable, robust, easy-to-understand language. Download The Language of the Free (tm) now at www.rebol.com/downloads.html
- Revolution is a multi-platform software development tool that enables developers to easily and quickly create powerful applications for OS X, classic Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and popular Unix systems (including FreeBSD)... with native look and feel on all platforms. For more information or to download a free 30-day trial evaluation edition, visit www.runrev.com.
- Sendmail Inc
- Sendmail Inc. develop the commercial (Sendmail Pro) and free versions of sendmail, the ubiquitous mail transport agent. It supports FreeBSD, as well as many other Unix implementations.
- SiamScan.NET, a Bangkok based company offers commercial web application software, CPA - Collaborative Portable Accounting. CPA is web accounting software designed to be easy enough for non accountants to use. Also, we offer service on maintenance and implementation of FreeBSD systems. For more information, email email@example.com, visit SiamScan.NET Website, call +66 2532 9068-70, or fax +66 2533 4167.
- Sippy Software, Inc.
- Sippy Software, Inc. is a VoIP solutions company. We enable Internet Telephony Service Providers (ITSP's) and the operators of voice networks to quickly and efficiently implement, manage, and deliver a wide range of IP telephony services. Our flagship product Sippy Softswitch is a carrier-grade SIP session controller and rating/billing solution as well as an extremely flexible customer management platform that enables the providers of IP Telephony services to launch, price, and provision an array of VoIP services. For further information, please see www.sippysoft.com. We use FreeBSD as a platform for running our software on and actively support it along with several other free software projects, such as SER and Sippy B2BUA, by contributing back our fixes and enhancements.
- SoftIntegration, Inc.
- Ch is an embeddable C/C++ interpreter for cross-platform scripting, 2D/3D plotting, numerical computing, shell programming and embedded scripting. Ch supports the ISO 1990 C Standard (C90), major features in C99 (complex numbers, variable length arrays or VLAs, type generic functions, long data type, etc), and C++ class. Ch has extensions to C language with built-in string type etc for easy scripting. Ch also has extensions with computational array for easy numerical computing and 2D/3D plotting. In addition to Ch, we also have a free C CGI toolkit which is similar to ASP and JSP for web development.
- Solid Information Technology Ltd
- Solid Information Technology Ltd is the maker of a unique data management product, SOLID Server. It is designed for robust operation in demanding environments. Its small size and ease-of-use make it ideal for deployment to web sites, various embedded systems, and other environments where databases need to operate unattended. Free evaluation copies maybe downloaded from here.
- Sophos Anti-Virus
- Sophos Plc offers Sophos Anti-Virus for FreeBSD. Sophos Anti-Virus is a unique solution to the virus problem, providing true cross-platform protection in a single, fully integrated product. The network-centric design provides a host of benefits for the protection of servers, workstations, and portables. Sophos's ground-breaking architecture maximizes protection, while minimizing performance and administrative overheads. Sophos Anti-Virus is fully scalable, equally at home protecting a single PC, a local network, or the entire enterprise. Sophos Anti-Virus is available for all popular desktop and network operating systems, including DOS, Windows 3.x/95/98/NT/2000, Unix (including FreeBSD), OS/2, Netware, and OpenVMS. Sophos Anti-Virus monitors all virus entry points, including disks, programs, documents, network drives, CD-ROMs, Internet downloads, email attachments, and compressed files. Over 65 per cent of The Times Top 100 Companies use Sophos Anti-Virus to protect their networks from viruses. This endorsement of Sophos Anti-Virus protection is shared around the world. FREE evaluation copies may be downloaded.
- Stalker Software, Inc.
- Stalker Software, Inc. offers CommuniGate Pro, The Internet Messaging Server. Based on the Stalker Foundation framework, it employs the native services of all major operating systems, including FreeBSD, Windows 95/98, Windows NT, Apple Rhapsody, Linux, Solaris, and others. The CommuniGate Pro server takes full advantage of modern multi-threaded and multi-processor environments, and includes anti-spam protection, administration via the Web, extensive multi-domain support, dial-up capabilities, unique IMAP multi-mailbox features and designed to provide access to hundreds of thousands of accounts, and to relay mail on the most heavily loaded sites. Download the FREE Trial version from www.stalker.com or e-mail Stalker Software Sales.
- StarQuest Ventures
- StarQuest Ventures provides connectivity products that allow Windows, UNIX, and Java applications to access IBM host resources on mainframe and midrange systems. StarQuest offers StarSQL (an ODBC-compliant driver for connectivity to IBM's DB2 relational databases) and StarSQL for Java (a type 4 JDBC-compliant driver for DB2 access) for use with FreeBSD. These drivers implement native DRDA protocol over direct TCP/IP connections to a wide range of IBM DB2 platforms with no additional host software required. They include support for LOB (large object) data, encrypted passwords, connection pooling, and global Two-Phase Commit (2PC) transactions. Please visit www.starquest.com for additional information or a trial version.
- Supportex.Net is an outsourced server administration company, based in Moscow, Russia. Offers a tailored FreeBSD configuration, optimization and tuning services.
- TOLIS Group, Inc.
- TOLIS Group, Inc. develops BRU, a very powerful and and reliable backup solution. Among other features it offers per-file compression, an improved tape format with three different kinds of verification, and many safety checks to ensure data integrity. BRU fully supports versions 4.2 through 8.1 of FreeBSD. Both as a standalone backup tool and as a client to the enterprise-level BRU Server product. We offer both 32 bit and 64 bit Intel builds and can offer PPC, Alpha, Itanium 2, and SPARC versions if customers require them.
- Tonec, Inc.
- Tonec, Inc. provides award-winning products and solutions for web development, Java applets, and Perl modules. Tonec is a developer of Adgen - a BMP to PFR dynamic font converter for Linux and FreeBSD. In addition, Tonec provides custom programming, cost-effective offshore software development, web design, and custom ASP and Java development services in its development centers located in Russia, Poland, and Latvia. Visit our site for more information.
- Vital, Inc.
- Vital, Inc. is the maker of the CRiSP visual text editor. CRiSP is a development tool for FreeBSD and most other Windows, UNIX, and Linux platforms. CRiSP is 100% BRIEF-compatible and also emulates other popular editors such as vi, emacs, EDT, CUA, and Wordstar. This makes CRiSP a very powerful yet easy-to-use editing package with features like cut & paste, syntax coloring, code beautifying, code folding, searching, and much more.
- WebHostWorks.net is a small and thriving web development firm specializing in e-commerce integration for small and medium sized businesses. Our proprietary E-Cart commerce package supports extraordinarily usable shopping cart services with backend product list management, order processing, executive summary reports, customer review processing, and inventory projections. See webhostworks.net for more information.
- WisdomForce Technologies, Inc.
- WisdomForce Technologies delivers software products that help data-intensive businesses and governmental entities to improve the quality, availability and continuity of the data within their IT systems, leading to better business decision-making, increased productivity, and an improved bottom line. WisdomForce's products focused on the real-time database data movement and data integration market. WisdomForce is offering solutions for real-time moving data across heterogeneous systems. WisdomForce is providing customers with software infrastructure for data replication, extract, capture, transformation, movement and management of data from one/many database to one/many database. WisdomForce FastReader for Oracle data transfer is capable to extract data from large production tables into flate files on average rate 100,000 rows per second.
- X-Designer from Imperial Software Technology is an advanced GUI Builder for FreeBSD. X-Designer makes it easy to build and test graphical user interfaces. Use X-Designer to quickly create a working X/Motif, Windows, or Java GUI from a single design. Includes automated GUI testing and technology to re-engineer legacy Motif interfaces with XD/Capture. Visit our web site for more information or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- XGForce.COM announces eCluster(tm) software. New Internet Clustering Technology is designed to cluster Intranet/Internet Servers into virtual groups, where server load balancing and fail safe is made possible.